viernes, 21 de noviembre de 2008

INTERVIEW GILLIAN FOREMAN

Imdb : Gillian Foreman

- What was your first experience as an actress ?
I started out as a model when I was 14 years old. I modeled in South Africa and London. I wasn't planning on continuing modeling when I got to the USA but the money was really good. My agent called me one evening and said an actress had taken ill could I go and replace her. I had never taken acting classes and wasn't entirely sure about doing it. It turned out to be so much fun and it blossomed from there.

- I know you thanks Dark House ( 2009 ), what can you tell us about this film ?
I think the special effects in this film were really awesome. Al Magliochetti did an amazing job. He's a special effects legend in my opinion. I never watch my own work but from what I've been told and the awards it's won I think people agree that horror movies are really about the gore and special effects.
- In Dark House your character, Fingernail Wraith is terrible evil ! how did your preparate ?
I actually have a fear of been chased. I hate it. I find I don't have to act too much when it comes to horror films. However as the fingernail wraith I was doing the killing so it was kind of fun. Once I was in all the make up I found it pretty easy to get into character.

- I guess the makeup and protesis was very very difficul to put, no?
Yes it took 6 hours to get the make up applied. They did 3 layers of airbrushing, a bald cap and then glued that to my head. It was the first time I wore contact lenses and it felt weird until I got used to them. Of course the 12 inch nails which made doing anything really difficult. Everyone on set was so nice and helpful. They even had to feed me my lunch!

- In Dark House worked with the great Jeffrey Combs, as was the experience ?
He's fantastic. What a great guy and so talented.

- You remember some curious anecdote in Dark House ?
There was actually a lot of laughter on set. We had a fun time filming. People would come up to me in all my make up and say " I heard you're really pretty under all that make up" It made me laugh because no one really knew what I looked like.

- Has worked in TV Series, Nip/Truck, Dirt, is difficult work in Tv ?
TV moves at a much quicker pace. I enjoy both TV and Film work.

- What are your favorite genres to act in and to see ?
I like comedies. I haven't had much opportunity to work in that genre but I'm keeping my options open for a good comedy.

- What was the last movie you´ve seen ?
Hereafter with Matt Damon. I worked with him on Oceans 13 and he's so nice.

- You favorite movie ?
Lord of the Rings. Loved the books and the movies.

- Which person or people caused more impact on your career.
I've always been a self motivated and driven person. I can't say there's one person in particular but I like Meryl Streep.

- A dream ?
I love the entertainment industry and will probably stay in it to some capacity. I'm currently producing a couple of projects and would like to move into journalism/hosting and documentary making. I am very passionate about making a positive change in the world. I am planning several documentaries. I hope to start filming one in China next spring.

No hay comentarios: